This is the Iyengar Yoga certification mark. It is a registered trademark granted to those teachers who have been trained and approved by National Certification Boards. Endorsed by B.K.S. Iyengar, the certification mark denotes the teacher’s authenticity and commitment to the Iyengar system of Patanjali’s astanga yoga.
- Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher- Level 3 (Senior 1)
- practicing since 1996, teaching since 2001
- teacher training mentor
- assessor for Iyengar Yoga Association of Canada (IYAC/ACYI)
- member of Professional Development Steering Committee for Iyengar Yoga Canada (IYAC/ACYI)
- 7 (so far) study trips to RIMYI in Pune, India with the Iyengar family
- workshops/trainings/intensives with Canadian and International senior teachers (too numerous to list)
- 250 hour Traditional Yoga Studies course on Patanjali’s Classical Yoga philosophy with Georg Feuerstein
- various courses in specific therapeutic applications of Iyengar Yoga such as a 6 Part Therapeutic Course with Stephanie Quirk, Pregnancy and Complications with Pregnancy with Lois Steinberg and others
- Chartered Herbalist diploma-Dominion Herbal College
- ongoing Jyotisha (Vedic astrology) and Sanskrit grammar studies
Whatever Krisna is teaching, I have followed. All-Levels, Ropes, Gentle, Back-Care, Introductory / Level 1, Pranayama, Spiritual Studies, special topic / area sessions (including hips and shoulders) and various Sadhanas. I’ve also had the privilege of individual sessions. Krisna is a masterful teacher. Her range of expertise is vast and I have benefitted from her practice in countless ways.